Update: This has been updated for 1.8.x. Follow this link.
I was following the Zabbix forums and people are constantly having problems installing Zabbix.
To make things easier, I wrote a magic install script for CentOS/Red Hat 5. I have tested it on CentOS 5.2.
Basically, the script tries to do a few things and assumes some things:
- Only run this for NEW installations, you will lose data if you run on an existing installation
- Run at your own risk
- Installs Zabbix 1.6.1 on CentOS 5.2
- Do not corrupt an existing system
- Be able to run the script over and over in the event that it errors
- Be somewhat flexible
- The database server, web server, and zabbix server all run on one box
One final note, I did peruse a few other CentOS install guides, all of which will probably work, but all of them follow many bad practices. The magic script does a far better job and requires less effort, go figure.